Tuesday 13 November 2012

Appreciate what you have

Good morning! ;) life is going well for me and today I just want to discuss about something I watched last night on the TV. Last night me and my family was watching some dramas then there was a show about people setting up "stores" in the streets, trying to earn some money. In addition, they don't have a government approval for this, so when they hear the police coming they need to be quick to escape before they get caught and risk their items being confiscated and or paying a fine. The setting was in Hong Kong but I'm pretty sure this is happening in many other places. They told some "store owners'" stories, about them having some children and how they need to raise their family, support the children to go to University for studying. One man had to set up stands to sell clothes for his 3-year old daughter and his wife. He was fired from his cleaning job because he was growing old. Therefore he had no choice but to start selling items. Furthermore, his right ear is 50% deaf. After watching this show I felt so touched an felt that we all take everything for granted. Examples of modern day: taking for granted the rights we have. World War 1, technically ended in 1911, now we celebrate Remembrance Day on November 11 to honor the soldiers who fought for our rights and freedoms. Canada now has Human Rights and Freedoms, but other places, such as Iraq are still fighting for their rights. I think we should all appreciate what we have and when we can, try to help others in need.

Anyway, thanks for tuning in to listen haha! Have a great day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♡Thank you for leaving me a lovely message!♡ Have a lovely day.